DIY Sprays For Healthy Hair
It might sound crazy, but we get so excited when we find a good DIY personal care recipe. There are so many toxins in the things that we put on our bodies that can lead to all kinds of problems. So, when we find a good one we don’t hesitate to share! Check out these great natural DIY hair recipes we found.
DIY: HAIR SPRAY
Hairspray is one of the worst offenders when it comes to chemicals in beauty products. It typically has aerosol, plastics, VOCs and more. Luckily, like most beauty products, there is a simple, natural and easy to make alternative that is also less expensive and healthier for hair. Surprisingly, it uses only a couple ingredients, including white sugar (an ingredient that is terrible for the body but can be great for skin and hair).
If you use hairspray, try this natural alternative… your health and the environment will thank you! If you are looking more for a texturizing and volumizing spray, check out this sea spray for hair instead.
Hair Spray Ingredients:
1.5 cups filtered water (be sure that you use filtered water; tap water has a bunch of stuff in it that you do not want sitting around for a long time)
2 tablespoons white sugar (dark ones don’t work)
1 tablespoon high proof alcohol like vodka (I prefer spiced rum for the scent)
10-15 drops of essential oils of choice
What to Do:
- Boil water and dissolve sugar in it.
- Allow to cool to room temp and add alcohol and essential oils.
- Store in spray bottle and use as regular hair spray.
Note: This recipe lasts indefinitely if kept in an air tight container. Adjust the sugar up or down for more or less stiffness/hold (more sugar=stronger hold) but don’t add too much or hair will feel sticky.
DIY: OVERNIGHT HAIR GROWTH SPRAY
Who doesn’t wish to have lustrous, thick and healthy hair? If you aren’t naturally blessed with thick hair or if you are suffering from hair issues like hair fall, stunt hair growth, hair breakage etc. its time you try some natural and effective hair remedies that can boost your hair growth and strengthen follicles. Here is an easy DIY essential oil hair spray recipe to start off:
Growth Spray Ingredients
1 cup witch hazel
10 drops rosemary essential oil
10 drops lavender essential oil
10 drops peppermint essential oil
What to Do:
- In a spray bottle, add each essential oil, one after the other. Then add in the witch hazel.
- Shake well and spray this on your scalp and hair.
- Massage/comb through before bedtime.
DIY: GINGER HAIRSPRAY FOR DANDRUFF
Hair fall, breakage, stunt hair growth, etc. are common hair problems and the only way to keep your hair lustrous and healthy is by boosting healthy hair growth. Hair growth can be stimulated by providing nourishment and required nutrients to your hair follicles through healthy diet and topical application of growth boosting compounds. Her we are with a ginger hair growth spray recipe you need to try today:
Dandruff Spray Ingredients
1 cup filtered water
2 tablespoons ginger juice
5 drops rosemary essential oil
What to Do:
- In a spray bottle, add filtered water and ginger juice.
- Add in rosemary oil and shake well.
- Spray this on your scalp and hair generously 2 hours before hair wash and massage. Use once a week.
DIY: ROSEWATER MIST FOR DRY, DAMAGED & FRIZZY HAIR
Rose water naturally conditions and moisturizes the hair and scalp because it is rich in flavonoids and vitamins A, B3, C, D, and E. Rosewater can be used in shampoos, conditioners, or just in a spray bottle or spritzer to treat dry, frizzy hair.
Rosewater Spray Ingredients
2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel
4 tablespoons of rose water
3-5 drops of orange oil
What to Do:
- First take a bowl and pour rose water in it. (You can make your own rose water at home.)
- Then put aloe vera gel into the water. Mix both of them well.
- Add 5 drops of orange oil.
- Put mixture into a spray bottle. Shake everything well for 1 minute.
Voila your moisturizing hair misty is ready. You can apply it directly after washing your hair as leave-in-spray. It will make your hair manageable by controlling frizz and taking care of the dry ends. Moreover, all the ingredients used are natural so with regular use it will make your hair healthy and beautiful.
DIY: FENUGREEK HAIR SPRAY FOR SMOOTH, SHINY HAIR & FASTER HAIR GROWTH
Dull hair is a concern among many, thanks to pollution, unhealthy lifestyles, excessive heat treatment, excessive usage of hair products, lack of hair-care, genetics etc. Who does not want a bunch of healthy, strong and shiny hair? Natural remedies always work wonders for hair, especially if you use fenugreek which is long known in Ayurveda as a hair care product! Below is how you could use fenugreek water as a mask for shiny hair:
Fenugreek Spray Ingredients
1 cup fenugreek seeds
What to Do:
- Take 1 cup fenugreek seeds and soak them in 2 cups water overnight. The next day, transfer it to a pan and add ½ cup of water to it.
- Bring the fenugreek seeds to a boil. Let it cool down and strain.
- Pour the water into a spray bottle and spray it on your scalp and hair thoroughly.
- Tie a bun and keep it for 4-5 hours or overnight if you like. Shampoo it off and flaunt your healthy and shiny hair.
Note: You can add few drops of rosemary or lavender essential oil to the hair spray for added benefits.
- Always patch test before use. If you are pregnant, always consult your doctor before incorporating any essential oils in your health/skin care/hair care routine.
- Never use essential oils directly on your skin, make sure they are always diluted with carrier oil. Always use organic ingredients to avoid clogging pores and other skin issues.